Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Friday, January 21, 2011

OH-OH, We're half way there (OH-OH Living on a prayer)!!!

Today was busy baby-wise. Though he has been quite the busy boy the last few days, kicking around. It's fun to be able to say, "He is moving!" and know exactly when that is. We had the 20- week ultrasound followed by a tour through the labor and delivery room (YES, they have a tub with a jacuzzi! I best be getting one of those rooms) followed by a check-up with the midwife.

I was pretty concerned he'd have a huge dent in his head the shape of a basketball from a blow I got right to the belly in our ward ball game on Tuesday. Haha, but luckily there wasn't :). Our little boy is still a boy, and does not like to be woken up at 9 in the morning. I usually feel him moving around at night. Since the ultrasound was at 9 am, I drank some orange juice. When the tech started out, he was laying on his belly (he learned that from mom yesterday during my massage). Then he flip-flopped to his back. When the Dr. came in he was laying on his side, so the boy is active! Everything looks wonderful, he has a four chamber heart, cranial measurements are good, spine is complete and strong, bladder, kidneys, everything is there. He spread out his hand to show off his long fingers, and he doesn't have quite the pot-belly he had 3 weeks ago. It is amazing how much you can see in an ultrasound these days. He looks more like a little man than a cute, pudgy baby to me. Maybe if I think of him that way it won't be so hard to watch him grow up. I think he will look more like his father. His nose, hands, toes, lack of bum, etc. seem to look more like him, but I don't know. Good thing I married one handsome man =].

I asked my husband at our brunch (he took me to the same place where he took his mom to tell her he was going to ask me to marry him- way fun place called the Park I think) what he was most looking forward to in the next year. He said, "seeing him walk". I laughed, "you really think he will be walking by 6 months!" Then I realized he might have been thinking the baby's first year. I told him I can't wait until he sees his dad play and sing instead of just hearing it from the womb. Looks like this guy has a pretty good little diaphragm, though that may mean more screaming for the first year than anything else.

The three things that bother me about the labor and delivery room are:
a: the fetal heart rate monitor that I will be required to wear. I know it's a good thing to monitor the heart rate, and I felt a little better about it when my midwife told me I don't have to keep it on the whole time and I can move around with it on.
b: I only get ice chips and Popsicles in my delivery room. What if I get hungry?
c: They do take the baby away for the first bath. I'm hoping I will feel well enough to go with, but if not Marshall goes and I don't feel too awful about it since I'm sure there will be plenty of baths for me and the little guy down the road.

I love it when little things happen that seem to point out that you are on the right path in your life. For example, today when we arrived at the hospital, the odometer switched right as we parked to 111300. Same day Marshall and I met and were married a year later. Guess this little guy is just meant to be in our lives :).

3 comments:

  1. You are such a CUTE pregnant lady! I need to totally see you in person though. It's been way too long. I can't believe you are already over half way. It will go by so much faster now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' adorable! Such a cute mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you 2! I feel like I don't really have the cute little baby bump yet. Only if I try to pooch it out like above. Haha

    ReplyDelete