Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11

Years ago a friend of mine designated the eleventh day of January as the 'AJ Day O' Wishes Come True' since my favorite number is 111 (for many reasons, but mostly since it was/is my hero dad's employee number). I fully intend on officially declaring this holiday when I have some more means or money =].

This holiday as I look around me I have to say that many of my life-long wishes have come true.

1. I wanted to be a scientist since I was a little girl. I graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Biology and even added an emphasis in international development.

2. Since I was young, I've always wanted to serve a mission for my Savior. I've caused Him enough pain, it is the least I could do, and I ended up serving in the Brazil Salvador South Mission (it even has his name in it) from January 2007-July 2008.

3. Unlike most little girls, I never had the riveting dream to be married. While my husband was courting me (yes I said court, he tried and still tries hard), I would tell him all the time that I was fine with being one of God's angels (aka still being single when I died) and that is why he wrote the song "She's an Angel". Though I had no expectations for what my wedding dress should look like, what should happen at the parties, etc., (and I'm sorry to anyone who suffered because of that) marrying this amazing man has been one of my biggest wishes that I didn't know I had come true and he is still so sweet with me I get overwhelmed with him a lot.

There is another wish coming true, but I don't want to give it a number until it does. It involves a child. I have my wishes for the following years set high and want to work for an organization such as Save the Children or a similar NGO that helps the future of the world- children. Though this may not happen in the next two years, it will definitely remain in my focal point until the 1/11 that I can write about that wish coming true. I am on my way to hopefully making a difference in one child's life (not to mention I LOVE my nursery children), he's just not exactly here yet. Little One mommy already loves you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment