Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Now is the Time to be HEADstrong!

Last summer while struggling for a cure in Houston my heart was touched by an amazing community who united in love and gave of their time and talents for our family. Simultaneously three warriors had begun a journey across the entire country to raise money for cancer research and awareness. These two forces united in the heart of the city and my life was elevated. Within only two weeks of treatment I had already reached remission. 

I realized that I still had Miles 2 Give.

Although he can run for miles Kezman is never short on hugs and smiles!
Just when I thought my cancer journey was complete, I was shocked to find that I had only reached an apex; my cancer coaster came crashing down another cliff. We recently found that the leukemia has found its way into my brain. Irony... No... This is Destiny!

Now is the time to be HEADstrong! 

Tis' time for cancer to walk the plank!

As strong as I need my head to be in order to overcome this most recent challenge I am unable to ignore my heart. I want to thank my wife for sharing this scripture with our family the other night.

Proverbs 3:5

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." 

As I'm amidst my third year battling cancer,there is much that I have found difficult to understand. What i do know is that I have seen more kindness, goodness, and selflessness; more of the pure love of Christ in my life than I have ever before. I am grateful to the Lord for his tender mercies each day, and thankful to each soul who has touched our family with your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment