Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Sunday, July 13, 2014

First Week in Philly

Philadelphia has welcomed us with open arms! Not only do we have an affordable place to stay, the friends of the HEADstrong foundation have provided gift cards for groceries and toys for Kezman. Now if we could just get this treatment underway...

My Lucky Charm :)
We met with Doctor Porter on Friday. He explained that he is meeting with the FDA on Monday, and they are hopeful to get things started. He also listened to my lungs and used the adjectives, "Wheezy" and "Mucky". In hopes to avoid a repeat pneumonia he prescribed some serious antibiotics.

I still have neuropathy in my fingertips. It doesn't completely disable me from playing guitar, but any song that requires a high level of dexterity presents a formidable challenge. It's akin to trying to play guitar with gloves on. Even typing this blog entry is a little tricky - I can scarcely feel the keys and I have to trust my fingers know what they are doing.

Fierce Family
Kezman is definitely a "threenager" now. We are curious to know how much of his acting out is due to the huge change in our living circumstances and how much is typical behavior for a child his age.

Crabby Kezzy
It may sound a little scary or even crazy to participate in a treatment after 3 people just died from it. Keep in mind however nearly 100 other people have undergone this therapy successfully. The harsh reality is that if I don't do something the cancer will win. Although this protocol has its risks (as did my first two transplants) it is the best shot I have at a long term remission.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck man! We are praying for you and your little family

    ReplyDelete