Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting Easier Only to Get Harder

I am getting acquainted with a lifestyle of hospital ins and outs. Of seeing my man tired, in pain, avoiding people because of germs, and being away from my little boy. Living with in-laws I hardly knew, feeling as though I completely rely on a family that is not my own and friends I barely met. That is all getting easier. Thank you Kelly for understanding while I make my mistakes under this stress.




As transplant time approaches I look back and see how hard things have been on everyone who cares about Marshall. When people ask me how I am I am almost immediately brought to tears that someone cares and that I truly don't know how to answer the question. As hard as it has all been so far I know I have grown in many ways. There will be many opportunities of even more growth in the next years.



To think I wanted a change of pace and lifestyle from staying at home and raising my baby. I was sooo blessed to be able to watch him, teach him, learn from him, smile at his smile. He is learning something new at least once a day now and I just wish I could be there. I know a time will soon come when I will be away from him often and I pray at the end he will love me still. That he will still recognize me as his mommy, his teacher, his comforter, and guide.



I have to remember that I am here living my dream. I wanted to help in finding a cure for cancer since I was a little girl. I have done more Leukemia research than I ever would have without this obstacle in our lives. With that and a Bachelor's in biology I am well equipped to be able to work in the field when the time comes that I may need to be a provider.


And that with all the uncertainty, the odds against us, and the chances of something going wrong--- everything is right. What is meant to be is happening and will happen and I trust in that. As wise as the people are that I talk with and spend much of my time with now I know that is certain.


4 comments:

  1. Amanda+Marshall+Kezman ... an eternal family. Proud to have you in mine. By allowing me to do the little that I have, you add blessings to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing AJ! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my name is Chris Thatcher- I'm a friend of Tyrel's and got to the blog via his suggestion. I know y'all don't know me, but I just wanted to say thanks for sharing these past few months with all of us via the blog. It has been truly inspiring to see your family embrace this part of God's plan for you with such faith and optimism. Reading this blog always brightens my day. We're all pulling and praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your comments lift us up! Thanks for caring :)

    ReplyDelete