Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Clinic Cliche

So, it's almost been a week since I have been working in the medical clinic doing research. I love that I can do research, read of fascinating finds in disease, and still interact with people. My time has gone by fast and I am working hard. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has been quite the dramatic disease. Right now, if you enter into the CF world, log into the CFS chat rooms, or try to find the most recent published articles it brings you to a medical mess. Scientists are trying to find the cause, patients are trying to receive the care, and their medical doctors trying to know best what can be done for them. We are doing specific studies on the XMRV virus (which gives me hope, personally because it seems that many symptoms seem to go hand-in-hand with a viral disease), migraines for teenagers, and a bio blood bank to be used for further research later. It feels awesome to be a part of break-through discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment