Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hope

Monday we arrived and settled down in the heart of Philadelphia. We are renting an old 3 story apartment that's just a few miles from the hospital. It's not quite "West Philadelphia" but that hasn't stopped me from singing the Fresh Prince theme song.

 

When she found out I was from out of town the nurse that drew my blood-work suggested I try a "wooder-ice" (water-ice). I had no idea what that was, but was pleasantly surprised to find it's a delicious fruity beverage. Imagine a snow cone and a slurpy had a baby - boom, you've got yourself a "wooder-ice"!

Our visit at the hospital instilled me with hope. The more we discussed the protocol with Dr. Porter the more I felt that this is the right place to be. Unlike the drug I was treated with at MD Anderson, the modified T-cells will multiply into an army of microscopic soldiers and continue to search and destroy any traces of cancer for months and possibly even years after my treatment.


I understand that this study has many risks and challenges. Although the outcome of my treatment is uncertain, my faith is not contingent upon outcomes. My hope is for a better world.

"Wherefore whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works being led to glorify God."

1 comment:

  1. We all have so much to learn from your positive attitude and faith. You are inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete