Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

It's not easy going from country girl academic to city mom. I've had at least one job at a time outside the home since I was 16, working as an outdoors cashier, being mentored in a biomedical engineering lab and genetics lab, handling students applying to college from around the world in an international admissions office, working on research in a doctor's office, being a college professor's assistant for a bioethical class of undergraduates, and more. Not to mention serving a full-time mission in Brazil and graduating from college. I've kept myself beyond busy the first quarter century of my life. Now I am a mom to a precious baby boy which also keeps me extraneously busy, but in such a different way. It used to be about me (except for the mission and research) and now it is all about him. Such a life transformation that I think everyone should get to experience in one form or another. A few doses of the selfless pill is what is needed all around the world.
Anywho- we want to talk about our Halloween transformation. We had fun becoming 3 different elements and precious metals- gold, silver, and bronze.

Bronze is not an element but is tin and copper mixed. I tried to take Kez out and get some fun photos in the leaves today. Epic fail.

He just wanted to eat his pumpkin.

Kez and I did see some beautiful leaves around the park (just don't try to go in the mountains around here, been there done that. It's pretty much all brown. Though I did have the time of my life blasting some Jessica Andrews jams that I absolutely love with the hubster and singing at the top of my lungs on Saturday.
Kez looking at the fall colors in his stroller:

Look at how many different colors are in these trees- all in the same area!


Daddy took some fun ones when he got home from school right before he went to work.



One day I will show Kez these as proof that he used to like my kisses. bahaha.


1 comment:

  1. What a handsome little man you have there! He is growing so fast...as they all do. :) Your costumes were very clever. It is so fun looking at all the different blogs and seeing the assortment of costumes and cleverness that is put into them. You guys are amazing. I hope we can get together soon cause it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete