Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Saturday, March 20, 2010

International Health


Yesterday before he started his lecture, my Professor of international nutrition played "We Are All One" for the whole class, and I could feel my face get a little red when he announced who wrote it and recorded it because I didn't know he was going to play it for the WHOLE CLASS (though I prominently announced to the whole class that I'm not the star here, my husband is :). The song fit perfectly with our discussion for the day on starvation and refugees.

The teacher, Dr. Johnston, is a softie- caring, kind, and probably has one of the biggest hearts on the planet. He has been all around the world working with various prominent church leaders to help solve international nutrition deficiencies, building small farms, testing rural areas for nutrient levels, and even making fortified cookies for children. I admire and respect him for his work and personality and hope to someday do work along those same lines. But for now, this little certificate I received from Save the Children will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment