Marshall's music, t-cells, t-shirts and more

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Dear Rat Race

Dear Rat Race,

Today I raise my white flag of surrender
The older I get, the less 'stuff' I want
Working endless hours with no time for life
Is it worth the hours taken from family to buy, buy, buy?

Today I watched a "house tour" on Youtube
The tour already has 2 Million Views
The home could comfortably house 5 families
Alas, there are 3 people who live there

Juxtapose that to my afternoon class
I spent an hour discussing health issues
People who are smart, but can't afford a place
Because of their zip code!

The exact same number of homeless people in LA
Match the number of empty "luxury" apartments--
Complexes that sit empty because no one can afford them
I've been spending 3.5 years trying to make sense of life again.

Ridiculous Rat Race!
I'm raising my white flag.
Cleanliness and adequate.
Peace Out!!

This may Be oversimplified, but it’s what you give not what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment